Some key factors involved in building your investment portfolio:
- Big Picture: We will take a look at all of your accounts including your employer plan, plans from old jobs sitting around, various IRA or Roth IRA Accounts and any other savings and investment accounts. We will help you look at everything together and possibly consolidate or simplify your assets which will hopefully save you some time tracking all the pieces.
- Match Investments with your Goals: We look at your short and long term needs for your funds combined with your risk comfort level to build your asset allocation. Not only do we identify the right funds for your accounts but we consider which accounts should best hold which funds to allow for ideal tax management and needed liquidity. While we only charge on managed accounts, we will always review your entire portfolio to ensure appropriate risk and cash management across all accounts.
- Diversification with high quality, low cost funds: We use a mix of funds [including sustainable funds where desired] that are diversified across various investment asset classes. Your portfolio is rebalanced periodically throughout the year and new savings are invested in a manner fitting your ideal allocation.
- Coordination of savings or spending depending on the need: If you change jobs and need to roll over an employer plan, we will facilitate that shift. When you find the perfect home, we will review your accounts to find the best way to get you the funds you need. As life goes on and your goals or needs change, we can make changes to where you are holding assets, how they are held and when you might need them to fit your needs.
- Asset Location & Tax Efficiency: We answer the question of what should go into your Roth account versus your 401(k) IRA versus your brokerage accounts.
We manage funds through accounts held at Charles Schwab. You will have access to view your funds and see their performance over time. Investment management includes having Indie Financial Planning on call for any questions or concerns about your financial plan including reviews of assets held outside of IFP [cash, employer plans, 529 Plans or other funds you maintain control over].
We can manage personal investment accounts or Trusts, IRAs (traditional, rollover or Roth), or personal retirement plans such as a SEP or SIMPLE for your business.
Our fees are calculated at the beginning of each quarter (1/1, 4/1, 7/1, 10/1) based on total account balance at that time. Fees are charged in advance at the start of each quarter and taken from your account[s].
|Managed Assets||Annual Fees|
|$0 – $1,000,000||1.00%|
|$1,000,001 – $2,000,000||.75%|
Indie Financial Planning does not have account minimums to work with us. Managed assets over $125,000 include ongoing financial planning services at no additional cost.